Monday, September 19, 2011

The harp beckons

I'm absorbing this news. Not even thinking about it. I'm reading things about Israel and the UN. Like watching a silent film in slow motion.

A vote will be placed before the security council this week. Palestine seeks statehood. US threatens veto. It gargles over me. What the fuck. I know this. I know all about Palestine.

The Ottoman styled Prime Minister of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, visited Egypt on Sunday, accompanied by 280 of Turkey's top executives

In a speech about the new trade agreement between the two countries, Turkey's Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said, “This will not be an axis against any other country — not Israel, not Iran, not any other country, but this will be an axis of democracy, real democracy.”

Davutoglu also stated that his entourage of business men signed over $1 billion of contracts in a single day during the visit.

Knowing this, knowing all of it as I read.

"Let us have the courage to choose life. No more incitement. No more threats. No more terror. No more talk of genocide. No more hate. No fear. No more lies," said Glenn Beck in his speech at the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem last week. "They (courageous individuals) saw injustice and they called it out. They saw their nation wage war against a single group and they said “Not in My Name.” They didn’t wait for the conventions of society to catch up."

I sit upright. And I read: The US stands between Palestine and statehood. The US stands between Palestine and statehood.

US halts unanimous vote with Security Council cohorts.


The serpent of interest has reared its head.

And I die. And I'm falling. And there is nothing I can do about it. And we will veto and nothing will change and I will die.

No comments:

Post a Comment